Monday 6 January 2014

December favourites!

Collection lasting perfection concealer

This concealer is renowned in the blogging world  for its super lasting coverage. For its £4 price tag it really has cemented itself as a December favourite. I find it provides just the right amount of coverage without looking caked on. I think my next purchase has to be the lighter shade which can be used for contouring the face a la Kim Kardashian. There really isn't anything else to say about this, it is that good, for those of you used to high end concealer I urge you to try this because you won't look back!

Benefit They're Real mascara

This appeared on Christmas morning and I couldn't wait to try it out. As someone who loves the look of falsies but for some reason doesn't get on with them too well, this mascara really is good. It is apparently one of the UK's best selling mascaras and I can see why. For its £18 it isn't one of the cheapest mascaras out there, if you compare it with some of the really good drug store mascaras. Would I repurchase this? Definitely as it really does create drama on the lashes and creates a false lash effect.

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

This bottle of perfume is in one word - heavenly. That can be said about any of the Jo Malone fragrances, I really think the brand fills a niche in the fragrance industry. You just know if someone receives that iconic yellow and black packaging that they are in for a treat. Now aside from the packaging, this fragrance has been a favourite of mine for a while, mainly due to its long lasting effect. I get so disappointed when I spray a fragrance and hours later can no longer smell it. I would say that this fragrance isn't one I would wear everyday to work, mainly because I want to save it for special occasions, it's always such a treat to use. My next purchase is definitely going to be the pomegranate noir candle, the scent is just so different to anything else on the market.

Estée Lauder Double wear foundation

In my pursuit of finding a long wearing foundation, I inevitably had to try this. It is one of the only foundations that survives the daily tube commute, air conditioned office and delightful British weather. This is not for those who dislike heavier foundations but for me I do like something with a bit more coverage. Having said that, there is a double wear light, which is basically as the name suggests a lighter version of this, which is worth a try if you like a lighter coverage.

Rachel x


1 comment:

  1. Love that mascara; its great ! Check my blog out, I would love to hear your opinion on it :) Follow if you like x

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete